1751 Joseph Schissling, proprietor of an inn with internal and outbuildings, which together were known as the “zum Grafen” (this was the first inn in St. Michael).
1780 Christian Mesner
1822 Johann Messner, innkeeper, messenger and owner of the Graf property
1846 Alois Messner, also proprietor
1859 Michael Thomaseth
1861 Alois Messner
1862 Anton Hofer, master tailor
1895 Josef Hofer, son of Anton
1900 Barbara Hofer née Told, maidservant in Bolzano
1909 Johann Dominik Mussner
1914 Josef Messner
1918 Bartlmä Rufin
1927 Vigil Mauroner
1931 Josef Bauer
1936 Gisella Gemassmer née Santifaller und Cesare Brunell
1937 Gisella Santifaller-Gemassmer
1966 Albert Zemmer, owner of the Saxelerhof and Purser of the Kastelruth Raiffesienkasse (savings bank) purchased the Baumwirt Inn in order to leave it to the son who married next.
1970 the inn passed to Richard Zemmer; in 1979 he demolished the old inn and built a hotel with 15 rooms, a bar and a restaurant.
2002 Richard’s son, Raimund Zemmer, and his wife, Judith, took over the hotel and, as a restructuring with measures to improve its quality and size, plus additional contemporary facilities were essential for our guests, in the same year the hotel underwent a reconstruction. New, spacious country house-style rooms and a farmhouse parlour, sitting room, indoor and outdoor pools and children’s playroom were added.
In 2005 a sauna facility and beauty department were also added, and so step by step a 3-star superior hotel was updated so as to do justice to the needs of both our regular guests of many years’ standing and new visitors. We will always strive to fulfil the needs and expectations of our regular guests and their families so that we can introduce new innovations whilst at the same time ensuring that we maintain our tried and tested hospitality.
In 2008 the hotel underwent a further renovation, with all of the remaining old rooms being transformed into comfort rooms.